For the past week, our daily temperatures haven't gotten above 17 degrees. This makes it very difficult for someone who loves to run and will do just about anything to hit the roads. Usually, it is about this time of year that I break down and buy a gym membership for a couple of months so that I can run on the treadmill. This year, because it seems like we are hemorrhaging money, I am being stubborn and refusing to give in to the gym.
So....I run. I bundle up in several layers risking my reputation because I'm sure I look like a fool, and I run. You wouldn't believe the number of strange stares I get when it's 9 degrees outside and I'm running down the road. It actually isn't too bad as long as the wind isn't blowing. Really.
I'm happy to say that Coron has also become a runner. He started running about a year ago right when the weather started getting cold. Since he doesn't have time to go during daylight hours, he runs at night after the girls go to bed. Last year, every night when he would return, he would complain that certain parts of his body were freezing. This became somewhat of a family joke so my mom thought it would be a great idea to knit him a "little" present for Christmas last year.
Let me introduce, "The Wienie Warmer"...

Last night he came home from a late night run that he had to cut short because he was too damn cold. Perhaps it's time to reintroduce him to his little hat. Come to think of it, I'm thinking I might ask my mom to knit me a new running bra.
Baby, It's Cold Outside!!
~J
Oh, the wienie warmer! Good times, good times...
ReplyDeleteOMG. The weenie beanie.
ReplyDelete