
Yep...looking good. I'm even giving some random woman a high five!
This picture tells the truth. I could feel blisters popping all over my feet and my second toe was completely black and blue with a blood blister (this picture doesn't do it justice). It was pretty.

That smile was completely fake. I guess I was just really excited to finally see my family, because I felt like complete and utter hell and had felt that way for at least 13 miles.
I kept telling myself that I was going into this marathon with absolutely no expectations. I had been injured and my training suffered because of it. This would be marathon #4 over the course of a year. My body was tired and sore. I did not expect to set any records, however, I also didn't expect to get my worst time ever and suffer through the entire race.
Marathon running is kind of a crap shoot. You can train hard, eat properly, and get lots of rest, but you still don't know how the day is going to turn out. The fact of the matter is that I had horrible insomnia the two nights before the race. I got 4 hours of sleep on Friday night and never fell asleep the night before. I was exhausted. While I was very disappointed with my time, I also had a HUGE feeling of accomplishment because this race was so difficult for me. I wanted to quit. I wanted to quit at mile 10. But I kept going no matter how slow it might have been.
I've run 5 marathons. That makes me very proud.
~J
You should be proud! OMG your foot!
ReplyDelete