Sunday, November 21, 2010

Let it Snow!!

We woke up on Saturday morning to about 7 inches of beautiful snow!! While the forecast was definitely calling for snow, it still just seemed really early in the year, so I was in denial. Therefore, I was completely caught off guard and unprepared for winter weather as far as the girls' winter wardrobes were concerned.

Of course, first thing Saturday morning, they had to go outside and build a snowman. They both had on high-water snowpants, mismatched gloves, and poor Celia had to wear rainboots because there was no way she was going to be able to jam her foot in her old snowboots for one more year. She didn't seem to mind as long as she had some hot cocoa to keep warm.


Later that day, we decided it would be a great day to try and get a family photo for our Christmas card. While I did manage to get a cute photo of the girls, there is no way that the family photo we took will be sent out to anyone! Let's just say, "All I Want for Christmas is some Botox"!! My frown lines are getting more hideous by the day!


On Sunday, although it was the last thing I wanted to do, I climbed in the car and headed to Wenatchee to get the girls some new snow gear while Coron took them snowshoeing. I knew they would need warm stuff for recess, and I wasn't going to send poor Celia in her rainboots. After a long search, I finally found some things that I thought would work. Well...they work. Unfortunately, instead of high-waters, my girls now have snowpants that make them look like Oompa Loompas. I'll admit, Ella and Celia are pretty darn small, but these pants look like they were made for a 4 ft., 500 lb. kid!! Seriously...they're SO wide!! Coron and I decided that once they had their coats and boots on, they didn't look too bad, so we're just going to make them work. They immediately headed out to the sledding hill to try out their new warm clothes.

Snowshoeing with Daddy...


Happy in their new warm clothes...


And afterwards, we warmed up next to a hot fire (Celia was already in her jammies)!



While playing in the snow is fun, I have to admit that the novelty wears off VERY fast for me. We are not used to getting snow quite this early, so I'm thinking it's going to be a LOOOOONG winter! This week, it's supposed to dip down into the single digits....

Mexico...here I come!! 12 days and counting!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment