Saturday, January 1, 2011

The Month in Review...

I just opened up my blog and realized that I haven't posted anything since November 21st! I guess we've been a bit busy.

We started off the month of December with an amazing trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico with my best friend, Heidi, and her new boyfriend, Chris.

Pure heaven...

While we love every minute spent with our girls, it was so nice for Coron and I to get away for a few days by ourselves.





I was so excited to be going on a vacation with Heidi. We've been talking about it for years, so it was fun to finally make it happen!


We were so happy to see Coron's best friend, Justin who lives in Puerto Vallarta. We hadn't seen him since 2004, so there was a lot of catching up to do. I'll spare you the details, but we had a little bit TOO much fun at their house!


Here we are with Justin and his beautiful family. Baby Isabella, who was only 2 weeks old, didn't wake up long enough for a photo.


After a whirlwind vacation, we made it back just in time to escort the girls to Ella's annual Christmas concert at school...

And just a few days later Chelan got almost 2 feet of snow in about 12 hours!! It's hard to tell, but that's Coron holding the shovel trying to clear off our driveway.



As soon as school let out for Christmas, the girls and I headed down to Roseburg where we met up with "the big guy". This was such a sweet Santa. He and his wife got all dressed up, decorated the front of their house and their garage with lights and Christmas decorations, and waited for kids to come visit. I didn't get a good photo of his wife, but she was all decked out as Mrs. Claus.


Of course the main reason we went down to Oregon was to welcome my new niece, Kelsey, into the world. She was born on Dec. 22nd weighing 6 lbs., 13 ounces. I am so grateful to my brother and sister-in-law for letting me be in the delivery room once again. I don't think there's anything more amazing than childbirth.

All of the cousins....we now have enough girls for a basketball team.

We made it back to Chelan on December 23rd with Nana and Papa in tow, just in time for Santa's arrival. He brought the girls each a Ninetendo DSi. Neither Coron or I were too excited about the girls having a handheld gaming device, but I'm happy to say that while they do enjoy playing with them, they still opt for playing their made-up games with each other.


We headed down to Desert Canyon on New Year's Eve. We had a great time with good friends.

Here's to a "high flying" good time in the year 2011 (that's our little daredevil, Ella)!!

We definitely had a great year. I definitely have some big plans for the year 2011, but you'll have to wait for the details!!


I hope you all have a happy and healthy 2011!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment