Saturday, January 29, 2011

Organized and Re-energized

I know I've been MIA in the blog world the last couple of months. While I love keeping everyone up to date on what's going on in the Polley family, at times it feel like just one more thing that I have to do and I've been really busy this month. I had 14 sub days this month, which is great for the pocketbook, but I'm worn out! I've decided to take some of the pressure off myself and just write when I have time and not worry about it so much. It's supposed to be fun, right?

I also feel like things have been somewhat slow when it comes to running, so my blog title seems like a bit of a lie. I have been running. And while I've even been enjoying my runs, I'm trying to not be so obsessive about it this year. Last year was one disappointment after another and I don't want that to happen this year. I definitely plan on running a marathon this year, but I think I'll limit it to just one. I want to run some half marathons and right now my main focus is on Bloomsday 2011. This year, I was asked to be on our elementary school's corporate team. I am the only woman on the team which made me a bit nervous because I didn't want to let anyone down (they won their division last year). Last week, I met them for a group run and I did a damn good job of keeping up! The most exciting part was running with our school district superintendent!!

I also have something else in the works for my running goals this year, but I'm going to keep it under wraps until I know for sure that it's going to happen. Stay tuned for more on that...

Now...because I decided to not stress myself out over running this year, I had to come up with something else to obsess about. I woke up on Sunday, January 2nd, and I started having a panic attack over how disorganized I was feeling. While I think that I'm much more organized than most people, there were parts of our house that were driving me crazy...in particular, our computer desk. I started doing a little bit of research and found this website. I was immediately in awe and started making lists of what I needed to do to get my life in order.

So far this month, I have organized our computer desk, filing system, bill paying system, our dvd collection, our medicine/vitamin cabinet, and my new favorite, the spice cupboard. I won't bore you with photos of all my new pretty places, but I'll show you my spice cupboard because I think it's particularly lovely.

This may not look like a terrible "Before" photo, but just wait...



This is what was behind all my spice bottles. We get our spices in bulk at our local health food store and all of my herbs and spices were pretty much thrown into the back of the cabinet in these lovely little plastic bags with twist ties. Every time I needed something, I had to go digging through this mess. I'm actually a bit embarrassed to even show this picture.




And here is what it looks like now...




Yes...those bottles are alphabetized...






Pretty nice, right?

I honestly have had so much fun getting our house organized. Unfortunately, I get busy working on a project and before I know it it's 2:00 in the morning.

I hope you all are having a fabulous 2011.
~J

1 comment: