Saturday, October 31, 2009

This Can't Be Happening...

I'm worried.

I think it's very possible that I might have finally gone into a running slump. I'm just not feeling it lately. I'm still running at least five days a week, but it's becoming more and more difficult to talk myself into walking out the door. I'm hoping that it's just a change in the weather and that the cold temps are making it ever so difficult to get motivated. However, the fact that it's absolutely gorgeous outside today and I still don't want to go, that's bothersome.

I definitely think I'm someone that needs to have a goal. While I really wanted to try and get back to the fun of running after the Portland Marathon, it's hard for me to just head out the door and run without some sort of schedule that tells me how far and how fast I should be running. I like being able to check something off my "to do" list each day and this mindless running that I'm doing is tough for me.

It's Halloween and I plan on eating my fair share of yummy treats, so I WILL walk out that door very soon. If anything, I will keep running so that I can keep up my not-so-healthy eating style!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment