Thursday, October 1, 2009

A New Running Friend

For the past 3 years I have had the best running partner. We have trained for 3 marathons, several half marathons, and a couple of 10k's and 5k's. During that training we have run thousands of miles together. I have counted on this friend to get me through the hard times and my friend has been there during the most proud moments of my life.

Last week, my friend died on me. Rest in peace Garmin 101...


But, alas! I have found a new friend! She arrived in a big brown truck at 6:45 this evening. I nearly kissed the brown clad man that dropped her off because I was thinking she wasn't going to arrive in time. On Sunday, we will head out for our first run together! Welcome to my world Garmin 405...

Here I come Portland Marathon! May the running gods be with us.

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment