Monday, September 28, 2009

What Was I Thinking?

Do you remember my post back in July shortly after running the Seattle Rock 'n' Roll Marathon? Remember...the one when I was debating on whether or not I should sign up for another marathon? You know...the one when I was asking for good advice about what I should do?

What the hell was I thinking? In less than a week, I will be running the Portland Marathon. This will be my third marathon, but I'm completely freaked out!! Every time I think about it, I start feeling a bit nauseous and want to throw up in my mouth just a little. Seriously...what was I thinking? I just ran a marathon!!

I'm as ready as I possibly can be. I can do this! During our fantastic Hood to Coast weekend, our team started mocking Lance Armstrong and his famous, "Pain is temporary. Winning lasts forever" quote. Right now, I'm agreeing with my good buddy, Lance, and embracing these words. I can do this!

If anyone with even the slightest little sniffle even comes close to me right now, I might go ballistic! I cannot get sick! I've been downing Airborne like candy in an attempt to boost my immune system. I hope it works.

On a more positive note...I'm really looking forward to having a girls weekend with Heidi and my Mom! Maybe we could just do some shopping, go out for some nice dinners, and forget about the marathon?

~J

2 comments:

  1. You'll do great and you'll be soooo proud of yourself once it's over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and hopefully we can still catch up sometime. Hey, I'm running my first half marathon this weekend up in L'worth. If you have any tips, I'd love to hear 'em!

    ReplyDelete