Monday, November 30, 2009

Thankful

Unless all our guests did a really great job of acting, my first attempt at making Thanksgiving dinner was a huge success. I had visions of running around at the last minute trying to get everything finished, but I was actually quite calm and had most everything prepared a day ahead of time. By 10:30, the turkey was in the oven, the potatoes were mashed, the dressing was ready to throw together, the table was set beautifully, and I even had enough time to go on my very own "Turkey Trot".

I didn't do a very good job of taking pictures, but here are a few to commemorate this inaugural event!!

I always love any opportunity to use our beautiful wedding China...


This picture is for my Dad! It was taken at about 12:00 on Thanksgiving Day. I feel like I've had a fairly accomplished life...I was a pretty good kid, I went to college and got my Masters, I married a pretty great guy, and I have two beautiful daughters. However, I'm pretty sure that the fact that my kitchen remains clean while preparing a huge dinner is probably what makes my Dad the most proud!! Sorry Mom...I just threw you under the bus!!


A not-very-good family picture....we're still trying to master the art of taking good photos of a child with glasses (we obviously weren't successful here)...


The kids' table...

Barb and Toni...
Aunt Mary Lou and Uncle Terry...
Good friends, Jack and Susie Evans...
Ryan and Su...
And we ended our weekend with a trip to see Santa. Of course the girls asked for something that they had never mentioned before and I didn't buy for them!!

It was a lovely holiday, but I'm still willing to give up the hostess duties next year!!
~J

No comments:

Post a Comment