The past two weeks, Coron and I have been sprucing up our bedroom. I think it would be safe to say that Coron could have cared less about doing anything to this particular room in the house because "nobody but us will ever see it", but I have been wanting to do something different ever since we moved into our house five years ago. It's always been WAY too dark. My paint color choice was a huge risk for me. Every other room in the house (with the exception of the two pink and purple bedrooms in our home) has some sort of earth tone on the wall. So...using the very light blue coverlet that we have on our bed as inspiration, we now have a very blue room. I must admit that when I first started painting last weekend, I wanted to cry. It didn't help when Coron came in the room and said it looked like the color of Ella's baby nursery. However, the more I painted, the more I liked it. Now, I love it!
Here are a few pictures of our new room. As with every home project we have done, I wish I would have taken some "before" photos. I always forget!
It's hard to tell in this picture, but the quilt at the end of the bed is the same color as the walls.
Finally...new closet doors!! Our old ones were HIDEOUS!!

Still not too sure about our window coverings. I do love all the photos we put on the walls though...they're all sepia tone.

And...by special request!! My two beauties!! Celia actually took this picture of Ella. I think we have a future photographer on our hands! She keeps stealing my camera and takes tons of pictures. Many of them are quite good.
Now I'll be sure to go tell Coron that everyone has seen our bedroom!
~J
Looks great!!! I loved my slate blue bedroom.
ReplyDelete