Wenatchee Marathon = 4 days away
Yasso 800s – One of the most famous track workouts is named for Runner’s World columnist Bart Yasso. Yasso noticed that if a runner could run ten 800 meter repeats at a particular pace, it seemed to bear a good predictor of their marathon pacing capability by converting the time from minutes and seconds to hours and minutes. For example, if a runner could run ten 800s at 3:30 each, they might be expected to run the marathon in 3:30:00. If the proper distance training has been done to prepare for the marathon, the results do tend to be quite close.
If Bart Yasso knows what he's talking about, then I should have a good race on Saturday. I followed my Runner's World training schedule almost exactly as it was written, so I suppose I have done everything I can possibly do to race well.
Now if I could just get rid of this little anxiety problem that I seem to have!!
~J
No comments:
Post a Comment