Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Country Bumpkins in the City

We just returned from a fabulous trip to San Francisco. We packed A LOT into 3 days and now I think it's going to take me a week to recuperate. This traveling stuff is hard work. It was great once we got there, but the preparation ahead of time, the airport stress, and the piles of laundry when we got home are all enough to make me want to space out our vacations. I gave Coron a hard time because all he had to do was show up and everything was all ready for him. I'm so good to him and he knows it!

I got to celebrate my 35th (gasp) birthday while in SF. After a fun filled day of sightseeing and a great run across the Golden Gate bridge with Coron and Ryan, we went out on the town. Ryan and Su were so generous. They surprised us with an au pair to watch the girls and a dinner party at a classy new restaurant near their house. It was so fun to see how the other half lives. I wouldn't trade my life in small town America for anything, but it sure is fun to pretend to live the life of a big city girl for one night!

Of course we took lots of pictures. Here are just a few...

Excited for their first plane ride...


At the top of Twin Peaks (Coron and I ran to the top earlier in the day)...


Hiding out in the windmill at Golden Gate Park...


Playing on the beach and waiting for Mommy, Daddy, and Uncle Ryan
to run back across the bridge...



Muir Woods...


The girls and I on my birthday...


Coron and I on my birthday...



When we arrived at Ryan and Su's house on Thursday night, Ella and Celia went into the room that they would be staying in, and there was a cute little puppy sleeping on the bed. It was actually one of those real looking toy dogs, but the girls both thought it was a real puppy. It might as well have been real...Celia fell in love with this dog. Her name is "Lovey" and she is the newest member of our family. There was no way we were leaving San Francisco without Celia's new best friend. Works for me...she gets a cute puppy and there's not dog poop to clean up!

Celia and Lovey

We had such a great time...Thanks Ryan and Su!!

~Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment