Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sisterly Love

I love having two little girls.

This evening, shortly after putting the girls to bed, we heard little footsteps coming down the stairs. As expected, it was Celia. However, rather than her usual, "I'm not tired or I don't want to go to bed", she had a look of concern on her face and told us that Ella needed us.

I went upstairs, and could here Ella crying. When I went in her room, she was lying there sobbing telling me that she didn't want to go to school tomorrow because she was going to miss her family. She just had several days off of school for winter break, so I think she had gotten used to being home with Celia and I all day. We had several playdates, went to Wenatchee, went swimming, watched movies, and just had 5 fun days at home. Don't get me wrong...Ella loves school. She loves her teacher and her friends, but I think being at home is just a bit more relaxing. Being the people pleaser that she is, she definitely has some anxiety when it comes to school.

As we sat on Ella's bed talking about how much fun she would have at school this week, Celia came into the room, climbed up onto Ella's bed and said, "I love my sister". She then took Ella's head and stroked her forehead. It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen. She gave Ella a kiss goodnight and then hopped off the bed and went back to her room.

I know that Ella and Celia will not always get along. I know that we can look forward to many arguments in the years to come. But I hope that when it's all said and done they will be the best of friends. I can't imagine it any other way.
Ella meets her baby sister for the first time...

Still letting me dress them in matching outfits...

~Jennifer

2 comments:

  1. See, that right there is the main reason I still kind of hope for things to be reasonable for us to have a third sometime... I would hope for another girl to give Evalina the sister thing. (Of course, another boy would be fine, too!). I have three sisters, and while we sometimes drive each other nuts, there is nothing better.... (and of course, I adore my brother, too).
    *sigh*
    So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have tears in my eyes. I had to share this entry with my sister. The sentiment (and photos) are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete