Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Mommy's Little Helper

Ever since Celia was old enough to sit up on the kitchen counter, she has loved helping me cook and bake. While Ella would much rather be off doing something more exciting with her Daddy, Celia prefers to be my "taster". She is the taste tester for every ingredient that goes into anything I make. She'll even take a big 'ol bite of raw onion because that's her job.

Fortunately for Celia, today she got to help me make brownies from scratch (thanks Steph for the great recipe). After putting the brownies in the oven, I told Celia that she could lick the bowl. I left the room to go get something and when I returned here is what I found:

That's my girl...get every last bit of that chocolate!

Coming up for air...and a big chocolatey grin!

As I've said before, Celia is very concerned about her sister's feelings. While Ella is away at school all day, Celia is always thinking of Ella and often gets upset when we do something that Ella might miss out on. When we go to the bank, she always gets an extra lollipop for her sister, and when we have playdates with kids that Ella loves to play with, Celia is very careful to keep it to herself. When we were finishing up with our brownies this morning, Celia got to lick BOTH beaters and made sure to tell me that Ella would never know. I told her that she'd find out if I took a picture and showed Ella. This was Celia's reaction to that...

And her "I'll show you" move...

Celia...I hope you'll always be my little taster!

~Jennifer

1 comment: