Last night, like most nights, Celia did not want to go to bed. She doesn't cry or whine about, but rather, she jumps on her bed giggling. This is the conversation that we had:
Me: Celia...I DO NOT want you to get out of this bed. You can lay here and look at books, but I DO NOT want you to get out of this bed or come out of your room.
Celia: Mommy...you don't have to speak to me like that (with a big grin on her face).
Me: Celia...DO NOT get out of this bed. Do you understand me?
Celia: I always understand you. You need to quit making that face.
Me: What face are you talking about?
Celia: The face when you have lines all over your forehead.
Me: Good night, Celia. I love you.
It's bad enough that having two beautiful daughters made it so that I need a boob job AND a tummy tuck. Apparently, I now need Botox to get rid of my terrible frown lines.
Motherhood...it's so worth it.
~Jennifer
OMG, what a little stinker. That is so funny. Madeline commented the other day on how she was pretty sure that the (young) woman who picks up a girl in her class is not that girl's mother because "she doesn't have any lines on her face like moms have."
ReplyDelete