Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Letting Go

Since having the girls, probably the most difficult thing for me to do is go through their closets and clear out the clothes that no longer fit. Up until this last summer, I would stuff all of the clothes into 18 gallon Rubbermaid tubs and then shove them into the closet in our garage. This was all fine and good until I realized that we had accumulated eight 18 gallon tubs of baby and toddler clothes. I just couldn't let them go. I finally decided that I was being absolutely ridiculous, so I went through all the tubs, picked out a few of my favorite outfits to keep, and gave the rest to my friend, Tracy, for her daughter to wear. It was tough, but I must admit that it's been fun to see sweet little Logan wearing all of the girls' clothes.

Today, I decided that it was that time of year to go through the girls' closets again and weed out the clothes that they had outgrown. Going through Ella's closet is a piece of cake...all of the stuff she has outgrown goes straight into Celia's closet. However, being in Celia's room always leaves me a bit weepy. There's always a split second where I think maybe, just maybe, we should have another baby. I always manage to talk myself off the ledge and remind myself just how perfect our lives are right now. The girls are at such a fun age and I only see it getting better and better.

As I was about to finish in Celia's room, I got caught. Apparently I should invest in some black garbage bags, because the white see-through ones made it way too easy for Celia to see exactly what I was giving away. She tried to tell me that the high water pants she loved still fit her perfectly. As I tried to convince her otherwise, we were both in tears. I managed to take the large bags out to the car and when I came back inside, I scooped up my sweet little girl and for ten whole minutes we sat in the rocking chair that also once had a place in their rooms, and I rocked her like I did when she was a baby. It was ten minutes of pure and utter bliss.

So if you happen to see one of my girls wearing a shirt with some belly hanging out or a pair of pants that weren't meant to be capri pants, please don't judge them. Just blame it on their mom who is just having a really hard time letting go.

Ella Ann

Celia Kay

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment