Saturday, February 14, 2009

Guess How Much I Love You

When I was pregnant with Ella, I received an oversized copy of the book, Guess How Much I Love You by Sam McBratney at one of my baby showers. Since both of the girls were old enough to listen to books, it's definitely been one of our favorites. For those that don't know the story, it's a beautiful story about a rabbit named Little Nutbrown Hare and his rabbit daddy named Big Nutbrown Hare. In the story, Little Nutbrown Hare wants very much to impress Big Nutbrown Hare with the enormous scale of his devotion, and is searching for words to tell his dad how much he loves him.

Of course this has become one of our favorite little games to play. Every time one of says, " I Love You", the girls will try and impress us with just how much they love us back. They've loved us "all the way to Nana and Papa's house" (yes, I know Mom, that's a VERY long way), "all the way around the world", "all the way to Africa", and like Little Nutbrown Hare, "all the way to the moon". Our new favorite (and I wish I could figure out how to put a video on my blog because she's so darn cute when she says it) is when Celia says, " I love you all the way to the end of space, because SPACE NEVER ENDS" (she yells those last three words).

So, on this Valentine's Day, I want Ella and Celia to know that I love them more than they could ever imagine. I love them more than any words could ever describe. I love them to the moon and back....and then some.

And as for Coron....guess how much I love you? I love you so much that I'm willing to go with you to Desert Canyon to wait tables for free just so I can be with you on Valentine's Day! Shhhh...we won't tell everyone that I also get a steak and lobster dinner out of the deal. That doesn't sound nearly as romantic. I love you, babe!
My Sweet Little Valentines

Showing off their new Hello Kitty sweatshirts from Nana and Papa

~Jennifer

Edited to add: I figured out how to post a video!

No comments:

Post a Comment