Friday, February 5, 2010

This Was A Tough One...

For months, my baby girl has been begging to get her hair cut. While I knew she would be absolutely adorable with a chin-length bob, for some reason I was really struggling with letting her cut it all off. I guess I felt like it would make her more of a big girl and not the little baby girl that I was trying to hang on to. However, the constant screaming while I brushed out her tangled hair every morning finally convinced me that it was time to let it go.

She was so excited. I made the appointment on Monday and she had to wait until Friday to finally get it cut. She got all dressed up. She took her girlfriend with her. She posed for "before" pictures in front of the salon.

Then...she COMPLETELY freaked out. She didn't want to sit in the chair. She didn't want to wear the pretty purple cape. And she sure as hell didn't want some strange guy cutting her hair. I think she wanted her hair cut so much that she finally gave in and let him start cutting while I stood there and held her hand. Fortunately, this was my hairdresser, so he knows me well. Otherwise, she probably would have ended up with a crooked haircut just so he could be done with this freaked out child. He kept trying to make conversation with her and she would answer him with scowls and grunts. Such a polite little thing we're raising.

It may not have been the best haircut experience ever, but SHE LOOKS ADORABLE!

Here is the "before" shot. It didn't normally look quite this bad. I didn't comb it knowing it was getting cut off...




This was taken during the cut. She wouldn't even look at me...

And here is the new Celia...

Mark my words...it will never look this cute again. There is no way we have time to blow dry her hair every morning with a large round brush. She wasn't particulary thrilled with the blowdrying part anyway. In fact, he made her cry.

She's so darn cute!

~J

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE it. I think it's adorable. I totally think Amelia will rock the chin length bob too.

    ReplyDelete