July 19, 1930 ~ February 28, 2010
This morning, my Grandma passed away. While I'm so very sad that I was not there to say goodbye, I am thankful that I didn't have to see her suffering. At Christmas time, Coron, the girls, and I went over to her house and took her lunch. It was always fun to take the girls to her house, because they were always in awe of all her "treasures". My Grandma was quite the collector! Seeing them at her house reminded me of my own childhood and the fond memories that I have of spending time at my Grandma's house. These are just a few...
- My Grandma wasn't exactly the Nestle Tollhouse cookie kind of grandma. However, that lady made a wicked tuna fish sandwich. Even though I haven't had one in years, I can still taste it like it was yesterday. I don't know what she did to make it so good, but I'm sure it involved A LOT of mayonnaise. She definitely didn't skimp on anything fattening!
- One of my most vivid childhood memories is sitting in front of my Grandma's floor-to-ceiling shelf that held her teapot collection. I would sit there for hours because the shelf covered the heating vent. I loved picking out my favorite teapots.
- I remember trying to take a drink of my Grandma's orange juice when I was very young and she told me I couldn't have a drink. Little did I know that my Grandma liked to spike her oj!
- Right after my Grandpa Goose passed away, my Grandma took me with her to Montgomery Ward's so that she could cancel an order for a chair that she was planning to give him as a gift. I remember my Grandma breaking down when the lady asked her why she was canceling the order. I was so young, and maybe I'm totally wrong, but I believe that he was the love of her life and that a little piece of her died when he passed away.
I will spend the rest of my days trying to believe that my Grandma and Goose are together once again.
Rest in Peace, Grandma.
~J
Sorry for your sad news~
ReplyDelete