Thursday, February 4, 2010

About As Exciting As A New Engine...

Yes, I have been absent lately. It's not that I haven't had some fun things to share, but I always like to include pictures if I can and right now our hard drive is FULL. We have deleted as much stuff as we possibly can, but it's FULL. So...we have a new hard drive on it's way. This is definitely not something that I wanted to spend money on. Don't get me wrong. I love shopping. I love buying new clothes, new shoes, new things for the girls, new furniture, new home furnishings. I DO NOT love buying new engines for our vehicles or new hard drives. We didn't even get a pretty, new, flatscreen monitor to go with the hard drive. Yes, I am feeling rather pissy about this recent purchase. And yes, I am STILL pissy that we had to pay $5000 for a new engine right before Christmas.

It is what it is, but it certainly isn't very exciting.

Now running...that's exciting. So far I have managed to stick with my marathon training schedule even though I've got a bit of a bum hamstring and I've had some weird stomach bug for the last week. It's very hard to run 40 miles a week when I have absolutely NO appetite. Perhaps this is why my run today was so hard. Apparently the 32 ounces of Sprite that I've been drinking every day for the last 3 days isn't really great fuel for my body. It sure tastes good though!

Pictures and much more exciting posts coming soon!

~J

1 comment:

  1. A new hard drive might not feel exciting, but once it's in and your computer is humming along nicely again, you'll be so happy!

    Good job on your running. You're a rockstar. I'd have sat my ass down on the couch and milked that stomach bug for all it was worth.

    ReplyDelete