Last night, as usual, Celia came creeping down the stairs because she had something very important she needed to ask me. She came and sat on my lap and asked me where the place "Heidi" was where the people had died. I was totally lost. She just kept repeating, "You know, Mommy. We were talking about it earlier....Heidi, Heidi, Heidi". She finally gave up on my stupidity and told me to ask Ella what she was talking about. I yelled up the stairs and Ella responded (in a very annoyed, "I can't believe these people are my family" sort of tone), "Mooooooom. She's talking about Haiti". Ohhhhhh...HAITI, not to be confused with my best friend, Heidi. Being the good mom that I am, I pulled out the globe and showed her where Haiti was located (and yes, I had to search for awhile because my world geography sucks).
I think it's very sweet to see the girls so concerned about the devastation in Haiti. Celia is full of questions, probably because she is confused, but I think it's important for them to be aware. Ella's class is having a "Our Hearts Go Out to Haiti" penny drive during the month of February, in which the proceeds will be donated to The Red Cross. If anyone wants to send some loose change our way, Ella would be very appreciative.
~J
Okay, I read this the other day, and now I have to think if I'm saying Heidi or Haiti every time I say it. Wasn't a problem before, but now Celia has me all confused. :)
ReplyDelete