I'm not very good at New Year's Resolutions. I think it's safe to assume that for the past 20 years my resolution has been something like "Eat less, exercise more, and lose 5 pounds". While I could probably stand to eat a little better, I'm proud to say that for the first time since I can remember, I don't really need to lose any weight and exercise has become such a huge part of my life, that I don't need to force myself to do it everyday.
With that said, I do think that the beginning of a new year is always a great time to set some goals, re-group, and focus on living the best life possible. I am a person that does well when I have a goal to meet. Obviously, when it comes to running, I do better when I have a schedule that ends with some sort of road race. That's just how I work. This year, instead of focusing too much on a particular race, I decided to make things a little more exciting and attempt to run a certain number of miles. So...in the year 2010, I am going to attempt to run 2,010 miles. This is going to be a tough challenge, but I'm definitely up for it. I've done the math, and if I want to meet my goal, I will need to run a little more than 5.5 miles for 365 days or a little more than 38 miles per week for 52 weeks. Like I said...a big challenge!
While running today, I got the opportunity to think about things in my life that I'd like to change or improve upon. I'm definitely not perfect, so the list is quite long and I think they are things that I prefer to keep to myself. However, after thinking about it for awhile, I realized that everything on the list can really fit into one simple goal...
In the year 2010 (and beyond), I would like to LIVE more, LAUGH more, LOVE more, and RUN more.
There you have it.
~J
how is the running going so far? you should be around 45 miles! :) happy new year! will widget count down for us so we can keep track too??
ReplyDeleteI added a mile marker in my sidebar. I couldn't figure out how to do a sidebar! So far, so good! I'm up to 118 miles!
ReplyDelete