I'm pretty sure I didn't pull my hamstring. I was at the high school basketball game on Wednesday night and ran into a local doctor who is also a runner. I asked him, "If you had a pulled hamstring, would you keep running?" He said, "If I had a pulled hamstring, I wouldn't be able to keep running." So I'm thinking I didn't actually pull my hamstring, but rather, it was a minor hamstring strain. Since my Tuesday "freak out" post, I have run 22 miles...8 miles on Thursday and 14 miles on Friday. Both runs were great, with the exception of having to slow down my pace a bit. I'm guessing that my speed workouts will probably be taken off the schedule for a couple of weeks because the acceleration is what bothers my leg, but I can live with that. In fact, I hate speed workouts so much that I'm kind of excited to have an excuse not to have to run them!!
I'm up to 118 miles so far this year!!
~J
No comments:
Post a Comment