On Saturday morning, I took them up to Echo Valley for their first ski lesson of the year. I figured that Ella would have to get used to skiing again, but she surprised me by grabbing onto the rope tow and heading up the hill all by herself. Next week, I think I'll just get a lift ticket and ski with her instead of putting her in lessons. She's ready to go! Celia got to have a private lesson and is starting to get the hang of it. She was begging her teacher to go up the rope tow by herself, so they might try it out next week. I'm so excited that they love skiing. It's something that they look forward to all year.

I must say that I am a bit wiped out. The girls insisted on sleeping with me while Coron was gone. I love cuddling with my two munchkins, but they are the biggest bed hogs imaginable! On Friday night, I came in to go to bed and this is how I found Celia...

In case you can't tell, she is sleeping horizontally on top of the pillows right up next to the headboard and that's Ella to the left of her head. I actually left her that way because I figured it would give Ella and I more room, but sometime during the night I woke up in a panic thinking she would get suffocated in all those pillows. Needless to say, I haven't been sleeping very well!
While we had a nice weekend together, it's just not the same without Daddy/Coron here. I was a nervous wreck all morning anticipating his phone call that would let me know that they had made it out of the back country alive. I know that he wouldn't do anything stupid, but I still worry. And Ella was a mess without her Daddy this evening. She is definitely a Daddy's girl and after he's gone a few days she starts to get WHINY. I think there were actually tears falling into her spaghetti tonight as she sobbed about how much she needed to see her Daddy.
As for my running...
After my last post, I was lying in bed wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into. Seriously...2010 miles in a year? I think I might be a bit delusional, but I'm still going to give it a go. Last week I ran 38 miles, so I'm on track thus far. I think I've decided to run the Wenatchee Marathon on April 17th (yes...that's Celia's birthday which is making me feel a bit guilty). My marathon training officially begins TOMORROW if I'm going to do it. I've chosen a pretty tough schedule with lots of miles, so we'll see how it goes.
~J
No comments:
Post a Comment