Friday, May 28, 2010

One More Milestone

I think one of the most overused phrases when it comes to parenting is "Enjoy every moment because it truly goes by way too fast". However, it's the truth. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing home my baby girls from the hospital, and now our youngest daughter is headed to kindergarten. How did that happen? Where did the years go?

Not surprising to those that know me best, I was a bit of a weepy mess at last night's preschool graduation. We have been through four Moving Up/Graduation ceremonies at The Learning Corner Preschool and last night's was the final one. I'll never forget the first one we went to...as the kids moving on to kindergarten walked down to "Pomp and Circumstance" in their red and blue graduation gowns, Coron leaned over to me and said, "You've got to be kidding me". Perhaps it was a bit over the top, but when it was our kids walking down that aisle, it was nothing short of adorable.

I think these events are so difficult for me because it's just a really obvious reminder that we're moving on and leaving each milestone behind. Our kids are growing up way too fast and I have no way of slowing it down. Next year, both our girls will be in school full time and I'm not really sure how I feel about that. It just happened much faster than I expected.

We are so very proud of Celia. She will continue to amaze us next year in kindergarten.



Now I'm ready for Ella to get out of school and to start having some hot weather so that we can enjoy the summer!!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment