In our "POS" Dodge Durango that has been in the shop more times this year than I'd like to remember, a bright orange light comes on right in front of the steering wheel that let's me know that something just isn't quite right. When this first happened, I looked it up in the car's handy dandy manual and it let me know that this was the "Engine Malfunction" light....stop driving the car and get it to a Dodge Service Dept. ASAP!
Well...I've come to the conclusion that if my body had a "Engine Malfunction" light, it would be glowing right now. I'm hurt. My right lower back hurts. My right hip hurts. My right glute hurts. I'm one hurtin' unit. While I've been trying to ignore this rather nagging issue for the past few weeks, and even made it through a 20 mile run on Saturday, I'm finally giving in to the fact that I need to let it rest. I went out for a run this morning and barely made it 2 miles. I could have kept going. While I wasn't in horrible pain, the saying "you should listen to your body" was heard loud and clear. I turned around and came home.
Most people can go days, weeks, months, even years without working out and it's just not that big of a deal. I'm not most people. I took yesterday off and the idea of taking two days off in a row is HARD for me. Right now, I know the reason I'm having such a hard time is because of this:
http://livelaughloverun-jennifer.blogspot.com/2010/01/2010-in-2010.html
Damn that New Year's post! I could seriously kick myself for ever making that goal. I know that nobody cares whether or not I complete this daunting task. The only people that even know about it are the few people that read my blog and the few people that my husband insisted on telling because I know he thinks it's really cool to have a badass for a wife. None of those people care. But I care. I said I was going to do something and I want to finish what I set out to do. As of right now, I'm actually ahead of my goal by a few miles. I've run 920 miles in 2010. While I'd love to accomplish this goal, I'm not sure my body can take it. It's been really stressful trying to fit in that many miles to a very busy life.
There...I said it. I might not reach my goal. This in no way means I'm giving up, but if it means taking a few rest days so that I can still walk (let alone run) when I'm 40, then I'll do it.
~J
You said you were going to ATTEMPT to run 2010 miles. So you're doing it, even if you take a break. And you were assuming you would be pain free so if that's the reason you're a few miles short so be it. Don't forget about enjoying the run. That's most important.
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty smart for a 22 month old don't you think?! clc