This is to notify everyone that Celia does not want to turn 4-years-old, therefore, she will not be having a birthday party and sending presents will not be necessary.
This evening when I was putting the girls to bed, Celia began to sob uncontrollably. When I went in her room to ask her what was wrong, she told me that she doesn't want to turn four. I tried to convince her that being four was a lot of fun and that having a party and getting presents was even better. After talking with her about it a bit more, she finally told me that she didn't want to turn four because she wanted to be my baby forever.
After wiping away my tears, I think I did a good job of convincing her that she would always be my baby no matter how old she got. Of course the whole time I was talking to her I was thinking ahead to her 40th birthday and thinking how the heck I was going to talk her off the ledge. If turning 4 is traumatic, imagine how she'll be when she's really old!!
All is better in Celia's world....gifts will be gladly accepted.
~Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment