Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Time to Rock 'n Roll!!

I did it! I signed up for my second full marathon. In case anyone was wondering, this marathon, like all marathons, will be 26.2 miles. Believe me...I get this question a lot. Not to sound snooty, but it's a really annoying question because the answer is always the same. A full marathon is 26.2 miles. Therefore, a 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles. An ultra-marathon is anything beyond the full marathon. Now that we've got that straight...


Heidi and I have decided to run the Seattle Rock 'n Roll Marathon on June 27th. This is an inaugural race, so it should be a fun day. So far, our training is going really well. We both ran half marathons (that's 13.1 miles) last weekend and felt good about our times. It's amazing that we can train for a race together while living in separate states, yet still manage to run almost the exact same pace.

After watching two Americans take the podium stand in Monday's Boston Marathon, I am truly inspired and am ready for this next big challenge. Your job...keep your fingers and toes crossed that I stay injury free.

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment