I realized this evening that I hadn't written on my blog for over a week. Perhaps I was sad to see all those cute little handprints move down on the page, or perhaps it's simply because I'm just so darn busy!!
According to Ella, the very eager kindergarten student, there are 16 days left until summer vacation. I may regret saying this come mid-August, but I am SO ready for school to be out. I'm looking forward to just hanging out with the girls at the lake, sleeping in every morning, and not rushing around from activity to activity. I have made a very conscious effort to not over schedule my kids, but we still seem to be so busy this spring.
Ella is playing her second year of t-ball, and while she may not be the most coordinated ball player out there, she is definitely a go-getter. One of these years we'll probably need to explain to her that it's important to play your position and not run after the ball wherever it happens to be hit. For now...it's fun to watch her outrun the much more athletic boys on her team.
Speaking of running...Ella has made me quite proud. She has managed to run 35 miles so far in Run Club. Each day at lunch recess, the kids run laps and earn popsicle sticks that they turn into their teacher. The sticks are counted and when they earn 25 sticks (the equivalent of 5 miles)they get a foot charm that goes on a necklace they were given. Ella has earned 7 feet so far. Do we have a future runner? I hope so!
Celia is finishing up her first year of preschool next week, so we're swamped with end-of-year activities. She got to be in the Manson Apple Blossom Parade a couple of weeks ago where her school won "Outstanding Juvenile Float" and today we got to go to Banjo Creek Farm where her class said goodbye to the butterflies they were raising.
According to Ella, the very eager kindergarten student, there are 16 days left until summer vacation. I may regret saying this come mid-August, but I am SO ready for school to be out. I'm looking forward to just hanging out with the girls at the lake, sleeping in every morning, and not rushing around from activity to activity. I have made a very conscious effort to not over schedule my kids, but we still seem to be so busy this spring.
Ella is playing her second year of t-ball, and while she may not be the most coordinated ball player out there, she is definitely a go-getter. One of these years we'll probably need to explain to her that it's important to play your position and not run after the ball wherever it happens to be hit. For now...it's fun to watch her outrun the much more athletic boys on her team.
Speaking of running...Ella has made me quite proud. She has managed to run 35 miles so far in Run Club. Each day at lunch recess, the kids run laps and earn popsicle sticks that they turn into their teacher. The sticks are counted and when they earn 25 sticks (the equivalent of 5 miles)they get a foot charm that goes on a necklace they were given. Ella has earned 7 feet so far. Do we have a future runner? I hope so!
Celia is finishing up her first year of preschool next week, so we're swamped with end-of-year activities. She got to be in the Manson Apple Blossom Parade a couple of weeks ago where her school won "Outstanding Juvenile Float" and today we got to go to Banjo Creek Farm where her class said goodbye to the butterflies they were raising.
As for me...this is a huge week in my marathon training. By the end of the week (if all goes as planned), I will have run 50 miles in just 5 runs. One of those will be my longest training run, a 20 miler. Surprisingly enough, I'm actually kind of excited about it. I just hope it goes well, because a disappointing 20 miler will do nothing for my pre-marathon confidence.
Here are a few pictures of all our latest adventures...
The Manson Apple Blossom Parade
Ella climbing the rock wall at game day
Preschool field trip to Banjo Creek Farm
Celia in the butterfly tent at Banjo Creek Farm
Fun at the beach with good friends
If I can ever remember to bring my camera, I will definitely take some photos or video of Ella playing t-ball.
Hopefully things will start to get a little less crazy very soon!!
~Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment