Monday, May 11, 2009

A Very Happy Mother's Day

I was awoken on Sunday morning to the sound of little Celia yelling, "Happy Mother's Day" at the top of her lungs. Ella soon followed, but they were quickly wisked away by Coron because he knew how much I wanted to sleep in on Mother's Day. I had purposely run my 18 miler on Saturday afternoon just so I didn't have to worry about doing it on Sunday morning.

At about 9:00, Coron and the girls came back in with a yummy breakfast in bed...French toast, sausage, and orange juice. Then it was time to open the presents that the girls had been hiding from me.

I got this beautiful plate from Celia to match the one that I had gotten from Ella two years ago. It is a project that they did with Coron through their preschool. I love that I now have one from each of the girls.



I then opened Ella's package which was another wonderful handprint gift...a trivet to keep on the kitchen counter.


I must say that handprint art is my absolute favorite gift to receive. Over the years, the girls have given me several gifts that include a colorful handprint, and I cherish every single one of them. I am pretty good at weeding out drawings, coloring pages, etc., because I know if I kept every single thing the girls made, we'd be swimming in paper. However, anything with a handprint is a definite keeper.

Fast forward the day to mid-afternoon...

I had gone and bought all of the flowers I needed to plant all of our pots. We were just about finished when Celia came out in the backyard and told me that she had an accident. I knew that she had been inside going to the bathroom, so I knew exactly what kind of accident she was talking about. For a split second I thought I should probably go get Coron and have him take care of it...it was Mother's Day afterall. However, I knew he wouldn't be able to handle it.

I went inside and couldn't quite figure out what exactly had happened. There was poop EVERYWHERE!! Apparently, poor Celia didn't quite make it to the toilet, so in the process of removing her dress and underwear, she managed to make a mess all over the bathroom.

I got her all cleaned up, washed out the clothes (well...actually I threw away the underwear), and cleaned the bathroom. I went outside for awhile and when I came back inside the bathroom still smelled awful...obviously I had missed something. I looked around and finally discovered where the smell was coming from. In an attempt to help clean up, Celia had gotten out the container of Clorox wipes that I keep under the bathroom counter. After cleaning up (I don't even want to think about the places she was cleaning with Clorox), she threw the wipes into the garbage. Obviously I couldn't leave them in the garbage can because the smell was horrible. While carefully emptying it out, I found this...

More handprint art for Mother's Day!

No, in case you were wondering, I did not keep this wonderful piece of art, but I couldn't help taking a picture of it! Coron thinks I'm mean for telling everyone about it, but I'm certain that when Celia is 15 years old and reads my blog, she'll find the humor in it.

Thank you Ella and Celia for a wonderful Mother's Day! I love you!

~J

2 comments:

  1. That is so GROSS! But seriously, one of the best blog entries I've read!!! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! Actually I have a picture of cat barf that looks like a smiley face if anyone wants to see it. So I understand the need for documentation of such things. LOL

    ReplyDelete