







These last two pictures were taken exactly two years ago at Ella's Moving Up ceremony. I always think it's fun to go back and see how much the girls look alike, especially when they're wearing the same outfit. I can't believe how much they've changed.


Today, in honor of finishing her first year of school, Celia and I went out to lunch...just the two of us. While it seems like I get a lot of one-on-one time with my youngest daughter, a lot of that time is spent rushing around, running errands, cleaning house, etc. It doesn't seem like we spend a lot of true quality time together.
Today was perfect. I let her decide where we were going to eat (Hungry Belly) and we had plenty of time to spend there. We were seated in a large booth, but Celia wanted to sit on the same side of the table as me. We sat side-by-side and colored a picture together. We ate yummy french fries dipped in ketchup. We shared lots of kisses (Celia was feeling rather affectionate). We just had a nice time together. I love days like this.
As for Ella...while she really does love kindergarten, I think she is ready for summer vacation. It's hard to drop her off at school every morning and then head off to swimming playdates or the park. Ella...I promise we'll have so much fun in just a couple of weeks! We miss you!
~Jennifer
No comments:
Post a Comment