Friday, May 8, 2009

To My Mom

Dear Mom,

For the past three nights, I’ve stayed up late trying to put into words how much you mean to me and how grateful I am to have you as a mother. As I was sitting here trying to think of the most amazingly eloquent things to say about you, I realized that all I really wanted to do was to say thank you because I know I don't do it nearly enough. So...


  • Thank you for being an amazing mom who always put your own needs and wants aside because giving to your children was what truly made you happy.

  • Thank you for being one of my dearest and most cherished friends.

  • Thank you for encouraging my dreams and applauding my accomplishments.

  • Thank you for loving me unconditionally.

  • Thank you for being strong and supportive even though I know you were hurting just as much as I was when I thought I would never become a mother.

  • Thank you for being right by my side on the most important days of my life.

  • Thank you for being a really cool mom and somebody that I love to hang out with.


  • Thank you for giving me a wonderful example of love and marriage...not many people these days can say that their parents have been married for nearly 40 years.


  • Thank you for being the world's greatest Nana. All of your granddaughters are so fortunate to have you in their lives.

I am thankful for you and your presence in my life. I would not be who I am today without you. If I could be half as good a mother to Ella and Celia as you have been, I will have done exceptionally well.

I love you, Mom.

~J


This is a video that I made for my mom for Mother's Day two years ago. I still love to watch it!


No comments:

Post a Comment