Thursday, June 18, 2009

The First Man I Ever Loved

My relationship with my dad has always been somewhat unspoken. I know that he is very proud of the person that I have become, and he knows (or at least I hope he knows) that I am a Daddy’s girl who holds a very special place in my heart for him. While we may not talk on the phone every day, I know that if there was ever a time when I needed anything, whether it be a shoulder to cry on, an encouraging word, or a new pair of shoes (my dad is a strong believer in wearing quality shoes), he is just a phone call away. That’s just how it is with my dad. It’s easy. It’s simple. It’s unspoken.

Dad…thank you for always being my rock, the level-headed one, the one who always finds the positive in everything. Most of all, thank you for making me laugh and for being so fun that your whole family wants to spend time together. We definitely have some great stories to tell…

Those of you that know me best have most definitely heard my “DNA on the side of the highway” story. Well…after hearing the story of my Dad’s recent visit to JC Penney (which I promised him I would NOT write about on my blog), it has been confirmed, that without a doubt, I am my father’s daughter.

There isn’t any other gene pool that I’d rather be swimming in….I love you, Dad!

Happy Father's Day!

~J

This is the video that I made for my dad for his 60th birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment