Friday, July 24, 2009

Can't Argue With That!

Shortly after putting the girls to bed tonight I heard little footsteps coming down the stairs. This was not unfamiliar, as every night Celia has to get out of bed and come all the way downstairs because she "has something important to tell us". Most nights she says whatever she has to say and we roll our eyes and tell her to go back to bed. Tonight, however, she really did have something important to say and it was oh so true.

Mommy: "Celia...turn back around and go back to your room."

Celia (with tears coming down her face): "I'm thinking about something that's really bad."

Mommy: "What are you thinking about?"

Celia: "I'm thinking about someone taking me from you and Daddy."

Mommy: "Oh, Honey, why would you think that someone is going to take you?"

Celia: "Because I'm so darn cute."

It's nice to know our 4-year-old doesn't have a self esteem problem.


Yep...pretty darn cute!

~J

1 comment: