It's been two weeks since the marathon, and I have to admit that I'm feeling a bit down. I think it's very normal to get the post-marathon blues. I spent so much time thinking about the marathon, training for the marathon, and obsessing about the marathon. Now it's over and I'm not sure what to do next. I'm a planner. I'm someone that needs to have a goal and something to keep me focused. This post-race "lull" is so not my thing.
I'm debating whether or not I should train for another marathon right away. Part of me wants to run the Chelan Shore to Shore Marathon on September 19th and see what happens. I have no idea if I'm capable of qualifying for Boston, but I sure would like to give it another try. I certainly don't want Heidi to have to go to Boston by herself! However, the thought of doing all of those long training runs again does not sound very appealing. Basically, I want to run the race, but I don't want to do the work that's involved in running it. Honestly, if there was a marathon next weekend, I'd probably sign up and just see what happens. But there's not.
I need some advice. Anyone?
~J
Whenever I'm in the mood to plan something, I usually plan a vacation or a shopping trip. LOL, so I'm no help to you! You are crazy with all your marathon-running.
ReplyDelete