Saturday, July 18, 2009

I Adore My Family

Of course I knew this all along, but the saying, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" is definitely ringing true right about now.

Coron took the girls (along with his high school friend, Chad, and his 3 daughters) on their first overnight backpacking trip. We've been on lots of hikes and several camping trips, but this is the first overnight trip without a huge ice chest and enough food to feed an army. I'm sure the girls are having a blast...how could they not be having fun with three other girls their age?

As for me...this is the first time in over six years that I have been in our house all by myself overnight. It's very quiet...almost too quiet. I'm sort of just wandering around the house wondering what the heck to do with myself. I should be taking advantage of the alone time and getting some things accomplished around here, but I don't really feel like it.

I'll be sure to post some pictures of their trip.

I miss you, my family!!

~J

No comments:

Post a Comment