Friday, January 9, 2009

Am I Really Going to Start This??

When I was pregnant with Ella, I started a journal that I wrote in quite often. It wasn't every day, but I wrote frequently. I had this idea in my head that I would keep journals for my kids...keeping track of everything important that happened and writing about their lives from their mother's perspective. I would collect several journals for each of them and then when they turned 18, I would present them with these beautiful masterpieces. Well...it didn't really turn out that way.

I continued writing in Ella's journal until she was two years old. At that time, Celia was born and life got a whole lot busier. Of course I didn't want Celia to feel like the second child, so I made a point of starting a journal for her too. I think I wrote in it a total of about 10 times and it's collected dust ever since.

My point, is that I'm obviously not very good at keeping up on journals, so why in the world am I starting this blog? I've got a million other things to do, yet here I am. I guess I figured it would be easier to quickly type a post than handwrite a journal. I guess this is yet to be determined. Will I post every day? Of course not! I will, however, try and write frequently enough so that my friends and family can keep up with our busy lives. More importantly, I hope that one day Ella and Celia can read this blog and know that my life would not be as amazing as it is if they were not in it.

Unfortunately for all you, if you choose to follow my blog, you're probably going to have to deal with a lot of my running babble. Right now in my life, and hopefully for many years to come, running is my therapy. One of my favorite quotes says, "I'll keep running because it lets me be selfish. It's the thing I do that's just for me, and nobody else." It's also something that makes me very proud. It wasn't something that came easy to me, so I've had to work really hard to get where I'm at. I have a wonderful husband who encourages me and gives me the time that I need for this endeavor. I look forward to the day when I can go for a run with my girls...I hope that I'm setting a good example for them and that I make them proud.

~Jennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment