Wednesday, January 14, 2009

At Home Safe and Sound

Coron returned safely from his backcountry skiing trip to Oregon. He had a great time, which always makes me happy. This backcountry stuff really stresses me out though. I expected a phonecall from him sometime Tuesday afternoon. I went to the gym to distract myself and when I returned to my car there was a voicemail. I found myself chanting, "please be Coron, please be Coron". It was him, and although he had a flat tire to deal with when they returned to the snow park, he was on his way home to us.

I learned something huge while he was gone. I am VERY grateful for my husband. Of course, I always have been, but getting the stomach flu while he was gone really made me that much more grateful. I started feeling sick at about 6:00 on Sunday evening. By 3:00 a.m. on Monday, I was in total pain and the vomiting began! It was awful. Fortunately, I only got sick a couple of times, but for 24 hours I had a terrible case of the body aches. I felt awful. This is bad enough when you're home by yourself, but when you have two little ones that still need to be fed, dressed, and taken to school, life gets much more complicated. Luckily, Ella had a late start day on Monday, so she didn't need to be to school until 10:15. So while the girls played for a couple of hours, I got to sleep. They were very good to me. I finally dragged myself out of bed, threw on some clothes, and took Ella to school. Celia and I returned home where she proceeded to watch movie after movie all day long. I was on the couch all day long until I heard a very loud honk. CRAP! It was Ella's school bus at the end of our road. I had been watching the clock, but it was a few minutes early. They won't let her off the bus until one of us is there to pick her up, so I jumped in the car and flew down the street to get her. Ugh...the mommy guilt!!

Anyway...we're all home safe and sound and healthy now. And from the looks of these pictures, Coron had an amazing time!







~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment