Friday, January 16, 2009

Ice Skating...Chelan Style

When I got out of our car at this so called "ice rink" in the park, I almost laughed out loud. It was smaller than our living room and wasn't even real ice. It was made out of a synthetic material (picture one of those thick, white cutting boards) and then they put some sort of substance on it to make it easier to skate on. Well...it was perfect for my first time skaters because it didn't really work. The girls thought it was great as they stumbled their way around the "rink". If anything, it gave them the chance to try on some ice skates and get the feel of walking around on them. We'll have to go to the real ice skating rink in Wenatchee sometime so that they can really try it out.

After our skating, we took a sleigh ride downtown. This was quite amusing, because Chelan doesn't have enough snow right now so the sleigh was actually on wheels and was being pulled by a big tractor. I have to admit, I felt like a complete idiot riding through downtown in that thing as the theme song from "Deliverance" played in my head!

We enjoyed a hot caramel steamer and then checked out some of the great ice sculptures that the artists were still diligantly working on around town.
The girls had a great time (o.k...I did too), and in the end, isn't that all that really matters?










~Jennifer



No comments:

Post a Comment