Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seriously...No More Naps?

My kids have always been good sleepers. They both slept 12 hours a night at 7 weeks old (much to their bulging breasted mom's dismay) and they were like clockwork when it came to napping. I admit, I was a bit of a sleep nazi, but I think it paid off. They loved their cribs, didn't cry when we put them to bed, and rarely woke up. Ella napped until she started full-day kindergarten at age 5 1/2, so I was a bit shocked when Celia decided at a little over 3 years old that she no longer needed to take naps. As much as I adore my children and love spending time with them, naptime was one of my favorite times of the day. It was my only downtime, so this decision of hers was a difficult one for me to accept. Of course I tried for several months to change her mind, but in the end, she won the battle. I got tired of trying to bribe her into napping and every day becoming an argument. I gave in to a 3 year old and am still bitter about it.

With all that said, we had a bit of an "I told you so" moment the other day. This child will NOT take a nap, but one day I can show her this picture and let her know that her mother was probably right. Although I guess if I'm being honest, 2 straight weeks of constant fog and freezing cold weather has left me feeling much the same way!
Tired beyond belief at 4:00 in the afternoon

~Jennifer

P.S...I ran 5 very fast, fabulously sweaty miles on the treadmill this morning! I can't wait for it to warm up so I can start marathon training.

3 comments: