Monday, January 26, 2009

"You Go, Girl!"

Anyone that has seen or talked to me in the last 3 weeks knows that I've been a bit grumpy from Chelan's lack of sun. We are known for our many sunny days, so close to 3 weeks of constant cold fog was really getting me down. I was constantly freezing and just wanted to stay inside where it was warm.

I'm happy to say that today was complete sunshiny bliss!! The sky was bright blue and it was impossible to go outside without my sunglasses. Of course my activity of choice was to go on a nice, long run in the sunshine. I was so happy to be outside and even more happy that for the first time in a long time, there was no wind coming off the lake. Don't get me wrong. It was a REALLY cold run...about 18 degrees. I'm not sure that I ever completely warmed up, but I was still happy to be out there.

As I neared the end of a 6.5 mile run, I came upon two little girls that were walking hand-in-hand down the sidewalk. I ran past them and the older of the two yelled out, "You go, girl"! I gave her a big grin, said "thank you" and then picked up my pace to the finish. When it's that cold outside I usually get a lot of "you're crazy" looks from passerby, so it was nice to think that an 8-year-old thought that this thirty-something mother of two rocked!

~Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment